_

Apr 10, 2014

Disciple's Daily Prayer

Spirit of God who dwells within me
I believe you have chosen me from all time to be your presence and light in this world.
As a disciple, in your name and power may I share your love and care for others as I:
  • Love sacrificially in every interaction
  • Give to anyone who asks of me
  • Lend without any hope of return
  • Never cling to my treasure on earth
  • Act with compassion
  • Avoid judging others
  • Give sacrificially to the poor
  • Feed the hungry
  • Give rest to the weary
  • Offer drink to the thirsty
  • Welcome the stranger
  • Clothe the naked
  • Visit those in prison
  • Comfort the sick
  • Bind the injured
  • Forgive unconditionally
  • Never condemn
  • Love my enemies
  • Pray for those who mistreat me
  • Offer no resistance to injury
  • Settle quickly with my adversaries
  • Do good to those who hate me
  • Bless those who curse me
  • Seek out the lost
  • Bring back the strayed
Thank you God for your loving presence within me.  
Help me respond wholeheartedly to your call to be your disciple
for the world desperately needs your love and care

No comments:

Post a Comment